Learn why you're at risk and what you can do to protect your precious personal and business data from the outside world. This course will quickly bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of PC and network security.
You will understand and explore the vulnerability of operating systems, software, and networks. Then, you will get into the minds of hackers and crackers, developing an understanding of the exploits they use to access your computer without your knowledge. You will find out why, where and how viruses, worms, and blended threats are created. You will learn a safe way to handle files and data across the Internet through a virtual private network. By the end of this course you will be able to install and configure a firewall to build an impenetrable moat around your computer or network.
- Learn to assess your own risk on your computer or network
- Learn the weak links of security in software and operating systems
- Learn to protect your network from hackers
- Learn priceless information on protecting your computer and keep personal data private
- Learn to build a firewall
- Learn to set up your own Virtual Private Network
- Understand when your computer is being attacked
- Understand the many vulnerabilities of operating systems, software, and networks
- Know how to protect your network from hackers
- Keep your personal data private