These days, creating a website is so easy almost anyone can do it. But with all the competition on the Web, creating a site that's effective is more challenging than ever. Regardless of your current skills or level of knowledge, in this course you'll master the basics of Web design and learn how to build sites that are better and more effective.
You'll examine the tension between form and function, explore the six major states of the website development process, and learn the basics of user-centered design. You'll also cover the five basic steps to organizing information, find out how site design themes can be used for information delivery, and review website design considerations. Along the way, you'll learn about effective type and graphics and explore the idea of Web 2.0. This course is a must for Web designers, giving the tips and tools that will help them establish a solid career.
- Learn the fundamentals of effective website design
- Discover the relationship between website design themes and information delivery
- Explore the six major states of the website development process
- Learn how to effectively reach an online audience and stand out from the fierce competition
- Learn elements and principles of design applicable to a number of career fields
- Gain confidence in your ability to communicate and market to a specific audience
- Open the door to new career opportunities as you will have a good understanding of modern, forward-thinking website design